At our windsurf school it is all about the customer. We do not put you in a large group, but rather give private lessons, because that way you’ll learn a lot more.
The fundamentals of our lessons are:
- We have the latest and best equipment and we will have you sailing back and forth in less than an hour!
- In terms of wind and location we are situated in one of the best places to windsurf in the Netherlands.
- Because we (mostly) teach private lessons, we can adapt the lesson to your needs and level. This allows very fast learning.
- Minimum age 6 years
- You decide which day and the time you want a lesson or course. Please call or email us!
A brief summary of our range of lessons
1 hour private windsurfing lesson
As a beginner you will learn (in one hour) to sail back and forth in your first lesson. Advanced surfers use this lesson to improve their technique using footstraps, harness and learning to plane. The price for a 1 hour private lesson including a board, sail and wetsuit + surfing on your own for half an hour after the lesson:
1 person: € 40.00
2 persons: € 30.00 per person
3 persons: € 25.00 per person
Do you like to windsurf all day? Then the ‘Windsurfday’ is ideal for you! We start in the morning at 9:30 and finish at 16:00. Of course, we go much windsurfing, but also theory and water games are scheduled. Everyone aged 10 and over is welcome! For beginners and intermediates.
The price for a full day lesson including board, sail and wetsuit (bring your own food and drinks) is € 60.00 per person.
5,5 hour private windsurfing course
With this 5,5 hour course, spread across two or four days, you will learn to windsurf independently. Each lesson begins with 10 minutes of theory. You’ll learn things like ‘right of way’ rules, safety and sail rigging. On the water you will learn to sail in all directions, tacking and jibing. The price for a 5,5 hour private course including a board, sail and wetsuit + surfing on your own for half an hour after each lesson:
1 person: € 175.00
2 persons: € 135.00 per person
3 persons: € 110.00 per person
Group windsurfing lesson
Windsurfing with friends is undoubtedly a very fun experience and at our windsurfing school also very instructive. So if you and your family or friends would like to come windsurfing you are more than welcome. You should bring a group of at least 4 people.
The price for a 1,5 hour windsurfing lesson, including board, sail and wetsuit is € 25.00 per person.
We offer various boards and sails such as:
- Fanatic Viper 70, 75, 80, 85, 92 (beginner boards with daggerboard)
- Fanatic Gecko and Hawk from 95 to 130 liters
- North-Sails 1,5 up to 7,5 square meters
- ION wetsuits in all sizes
- ION harnesses in all sizes
The prices are:
- Board OR sail OR wetsuit € 10.00 per hour
- Whole set (board AND sail AND wetsuit) € 20.00 per hour
- 4 hours = pay 3 hours
Did you have a lesson with us this year? Then you can rent the equipment 2 hours long for the price of 1 hour!
Location Lutjestrand, Amstelmeer
1778 LB Westerland
+31 6 45552032
Our windsurfing school is located at the Lutjestrand (Lutjebeach) near the Amstelmeer (Amstel Lake). This is a lake with a water surface area of 2 to 4 km situated in the north of Holland. Because this lake is close to the North Sea, Wadden Sea and the IJsselmeer, we have very good wind conditions. In addition, there is ample parking and you can rig your sail on a grass area. Last but not least, the first 100 meters of the lake is waist deep water with a sandy bottom. All in all, an ideal location (to learn) to windsurf!