At our windsurf school it is all about the customer. We do not put you in a large group, but rather give private lessons, because that way you’ll learn a lot more.
The fundamentals of our lessons are:
- We have the latest and best equipment and we will have you sailing back and forth within 90 minutes!
- In terms of wind and location we are situated in one of the best places to windsurf in the Netherlands.
- Because we (mostly) teach private lessons, we can adapt the lesson to your needs and level. This allows very fast learning.
- Minimum age 6 years
- Click the blue button and you can check our availability. You can book your lesson online, pay with iDEAL or Credit Card and get your confirmation email within a few minutes! Easy does it!
A brief summary of our range of lessons
Single windsurfing lesson
As a beginner you will learn within 90 minutes to sail back and forth in your first lesson. Advanced surfers use this lesson to improve their technique using footstraps, harness and learning how to get planing. We always adjust the level of the lesson to the experience of the students. If you book a lesson for 1 person, you’ll have a private lesson. If you want to bring some friends, you have a lesson with those friends. We never put you in a group with ‘strangers’. So, you decide what you want! If you want to learn as much as possible you book a lesson for 1 or 2 persons. If you want as much fun as possible you sign up with a bunch of friends.
The price for a 90 minutes lesson including a board, sail and wetsuit + surfing on your own for half an hour after the lesson:
1 person: € 75.00
2 persons: € 52.00 per person
3 persons: € 42.00 per person
4 persons: € 35.00 per person
5 or more persons: € 30.00 per person
After you have done one separate lesson of 90 minutes you can decide to continue with the course. The course consists of 4 lessons of 90 minutes. That way you can first see if you really like it!
6 hour windsurfing course
With this 6 hour course, spread across two, three or four days, you will learn to windsurf independently. Each lesson begins with 10 minutes of theory. You’ll learn things like ‘right of way’ rules, safety and sail rigging. On the water you will learn to sail in all directions, tacking and jibing. We always adjust the level of the lesson to the experience of the students. So also more experienced people can book this course. If you book a lesson for 1 person, you’ll have a private lesson. If you want to bring some friends, you have a lesson with those friends. We never put you in a group with ‘strangers’. So, you decide what you want! If you want to learn as much as possible you book a lesson for 1 or 2 persons. If you want as much fun as possible you sign up with a bunch of friends.
The price for a 6 hour course including a board, sail and wetsuit + surfing on your own for half an hour after each lesson:
1 person: € 260,00
2 persons: € 180,00 per person
3 persons: € 140,00 per person
4 persons: € 120,00 per person
5 or more persons: € 105,00 per person
We offer various boards and sails such as:
- Fanatic Viper 70, 75, 80, 85, 92 (beginner boards with daggerboard)
- Fanatic Gecko and Blast from 95 to 133 liters
- Duotone Sails 1,5 up to 7,3 square meters
- ION wetsuits in all sizes
- ION harnesses in all sizes
The prices are:
- Board OR sail OR wetsuit OR foil: € 18.00 per 90 minutes
- Whole set (board AND sail AND wetsuit) € 37,50 per 90 minutes.
- If you had a lesson with us this year it is € 30.00 for 3 hours.
If you want to rent: Always call or email us the day before. That way we can tell you when we are at the beach and we can make the gear ready for you.
Location Lutjestrand, Amstelmeer
1778 LB Westerland
+31 6 45552032
Our windsurfing school is located at the Lutjestrand (Lutjebeach) near the Amstelmeer (Amstel Lake). This is a lake with a water surface area of 2 to 4 km situated in the north of Holland. Because this lake is close to the North Sea, Wadden Sea and the IJsselmeer, we have very good wind conditions. In addition, there is ample parking and you can rig your sail on a grass area. Last but not least, the first 100 meters of the lake is waist deep water with a sandy bottom. All in all, an ideal location (to learn) to windsurf!